Former Nigeria’s military president General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (IBB) has outlined the qualities which a successor of President Muhammadu Buhari must possess.
This is coming on the wave of declaring intention and party primaries as the 2023 General Elections looms around the corner.
The former Head of State General Ibrahim Babangida, popularly known as IBB, in an interview with Arise TV has explained criteria which a successor of the seating Nigerian President must possess.
According to him, here are the following qualities which the person must possess:
- The presidential candidate must not be above sixty years of age.
- He must understand the nation’s deepest problems.
- The ideal candidate must be a good Nigerian leader.
- He must be a person who is well travelled across Nigeria.
- He must be someone who has friends everywhere.
- The candidate must be very versed in economics.
- He must be a good politician.
- He should be able to ‘talk’ to Nigerians.