How to download the next episode automatically
To download the next episode of a TV series automatically, use Smart Downloads (called Download Next Episode on Android devices). When you finish watching a downloaded episode, it will be deleted and the next episode in the series will be automatically downloaded for you.
If there are no more episodes to download in a series, the last watched episode will not be deleted.
To turn Smart Downloads/Download Next Episode on or off:
- Open the Netflix app and tap Downloads .
- On a Windows 10 device, open the Netflix app and select Menu , then My Downloads.
- At the top of the screen, select Smart Downloads.
- Use the switch to turn on or off.
- Is available on devices supporting downloads running the latest version of the Netflix app.
- Works when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so your cellular data won’t be used.
- Won’t affect your device storage beyond what you’ve already downloaded.
If the next episode didn’t download, make sure:
- Smart Downloads/Download Next Episode is turned on.
- Your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- There is another episode in the series.