ICT career pathways: information technology career path
ICT career pathways
The Information Communication Technology (ICT) ICT career pathways industry is solely where the money resides and reigns. It’s a domain that’s well known for its lucrative, and wide range of job titles. We have come up with several career jobs in ICT that would help you scale well. It’s important to take note of the job description, skills, competence, requirements, qualifications, and salary rates that we will be provided. You should personally go further in seeking clarity and asking questions from competent personnel’s in this field.
the wage of the ICT career pathways.
- COMPUTER SPECIALIST: ICT career pathways
JOB BRIEF – A computer specialist is one who takes a keen interest in repairs of software and hardware ICT problems, provides technical advice, gives assistance for computer-related problems. You could work for persons personally or for companies in overseeing an array of equipment, carrying out regular maintenance, etc.
- Analytical thinking
- Sharp problem solving
- Creative thinking
- Mathematical skills
- Active listening skills
- High technical skills
- Attention to details
- Manual Dexterity
- Set up hardware, install and configure software and drivers
- Maintenance and repairs of technological equipment (e.g., routers) or peripheral devices
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks for privacy and hacking
- Regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
- Carry out sessions to discover and mend maintenance inefficiencies
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
- Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
SALARY: $53, 470, $38,270, $105,770 which is dependent on experience, location and education.
- NETWORK ENGINEERING:
JOB BRIEF – Broadly speaking, a network engineer is an ICT professional who is highly skilled in providing security, broad network infrastructure, and maintaining the connectivity of networks in terms of data, videos, wireless networks, voice calls.
SKILLS: That lead to ICT career pathways
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Commercial and business knowledge
- Time management skills
- An analytical mind
QUALIFICATIONS: in ICT career pathways
- Computer Science
- Computer software and systems engineering
- Network Security Management
- Electrical Engineering
- information technology career path
DUTIES: on ICT career pathways
- Documenting and managing new network installation
- Designing and implementing network solutions
- Updating and upgrading existing systems
- Routing, configuring firewalls
- Maximizing network performance through troubleshooting
- Carrying out WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
SALARY: base ICT career pathways $102,767 per annum – #187,000 monthly in Nigeria.
- Entry-level start at around £19,000 to £20,000.
- With experience, you can expect to earn around £35,000 to £55,000+.
- Senior network engineers can earn from £50,000 to in excess of £70,000 a year.
- Experienced contract workers may be higher and rates can vary from £175 to in excess of £500 per day.
- PROJECT MANAGER: on ICT career pathways
JOB BRIEF – In Information and Communication Technology, a project manager is in charge of scheduling, controlling, directing, coordinating, and funding internal resources with external resources to achieve the goals and objectives of ICT projects.
- Problem Solving
- Motivation and persuasive skills
- Application of business case and risk management process
- Excellent Communication
- Pressure Skills
- Problem Solving
QUALIFICATION – A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science
INDUSTRY NICHE: Telecommunications, Media, and Information Technology
RESPONSIBILITY: in ICT career pathways
- Managing project Administration
- Conducting project evaluation
- Applying change control and configuration management processes
- Preparing and maintaining the project, stage, and execution plans
- Planning and monitoring projects
- QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA) ANALYST: about ICT career pathways
JOB BRIEF – He is an IT Professional who ensures the proper functionality of software development. Basically, he is responsible for the testing phase of the production process to ensure that it meets up to the quality standard demanded.
- Verbal and written communication
- Have an eye for details
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Ficus minded
- Analytical and problem solving
RESPONSIBILITY: of ICT career pathways
- Identifying functionality of problems
- Managerial or executive role in some cases
- Ensure the satisfaction of an end-user product
- Market analysis for similar or competitive products
- Quantitative and qualitative communication
- Track progress and improvement of products
- Experience in quality control preference
- Degree in Business Administration
SALARY: $72,834 average
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPER: Expectation on ICT career pathways
A software developer sometimes called a software engineer is someone who applies the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of computer software.
SKILLS: needed for ICT career pathways
- Logical thinking
- Attention to details
- Analytical skills
- Writing codes
- Inventing applications
- Developing programs
- Solving programming problems
- Computer Science
- Programming Mathematics
SALARY: $41,000 USD per annum
- IT CONSULTANT:
JOB BRIEF – The job brief of a technical consultant is to provide expert knowledge on technical affairs. He implements and develops IT systems for clients, helping them make technology purchase, and strategic decisions.
- Leadership prowess
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Communication skills
- Logical and analytical problem solving
- Customer service skills
- Time management
- Learning quickly
- Meet and work with clients to define the scope of a project
- Visit client’s sites
- Present written and oral documentation
- Design, install, test, and monitor new systems
- Deliver change management activities
- Organize training seminars
- Network with, and maintain potential clients
- Business studies
- Computer science and software engineering
- Information systems
- Science and engineering disciplines
- Electronic engineering
SALARY: Graduate – E20,000 – E30,000
Experienced – E32,000 – E40,000
Professional – E40,000 – E80,000
- TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE:
JOB BRIEF – This can be represented by an account manager, sales executive, or engineer. They are expertise in the wholesale business of technical, and complex scientific products. These persons offer professional and scientific services and tend to span around cities, states, and countries visiting technical and electronic brand manufacturers.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Persuasiveness Excellent technology skills
- Up-to-date on the latest advance
- Problem-solving acumen
- Market computer hardware and software solutions to business offices, corporations, retail stores, hospitals, schools, government agencies, and other organizations.
- Degrees in engineering, technology, or the sciences
- Experience with technology or sales.
- A newbie who’s willing to learn company procedures, customer service, and technical information.
- Salary varies according to positions, and these monetary inputs are a case study of 2011
- Sales Engineer – $52.24 per hour or $108,660 per year.
- Sales Representative – $38.52 per hour or $80,110 per year, in 2011
- (Wholesalers and manufacturers of technical and scientific products) – $44.60 per hour or $92,760 per year.
- Supervisors: $52.45 per hour or $109,090 per year.
- Sales Manager: $70.19 per hour or $145,990 per year
- IT BUSINESS ANALYST:
JOB BRIEF – This role can be represented by a business architect or information specialist. This IT role cuts across different horizons such as working on more than one system, evaluating and carrying out business processes, support multiple stakeholder groups, and go beyond one project description.
- Working on more than one system simply connotes that they are focused on several systems, and implementing those systems to deliver maximum efficiency and business value. At most they are more focused on the technological side than the business side.
- In evaluating the business process, they simply play a role in partnering with the same business community members in clarifying, updating, and improving the business processes impacted by the technology changes.
- Stakeholders’ groups are involved in the project elicitation process, navigating the competing needs of several stakeholder groups, give acceptable clarity to end-to-end business processes and, stating the requirements for one or more systems to support processes.
- As a business analyst going beyond one project, you have the opportunity to participate in several workable pre-project, adding your quota in decision-making and strategic functionality about what investments to make in technology.
- project management
- Creating, analyzing, and validating workable and detailed specifications
- Carry out solution design sessions with team members
- Deliver systems design and elements like data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed information.
- Degree in business administration, information systems
- Familiarize yourself with the International Institute of Business Analysis™ BABOK® Guide
- Working experience in data analyst, systems analyst or finance analyst
- Technical Business Analyst – $180k
- Digital Business Analyst – $190k
- Functional Consultant – $210k
- WEB DESIGNER:
JOB BRIEF- A web designer is a creative who is able to create amazing user experiences while having an eye for clean and artful web design. On a broader scope, they tend to have superior user interface design skills with proficiency in translating high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional interaction flows designs and artifacts.
- Software programming and graphics
- Creativity and imagination
- Adaptable to new techniques
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Up to date with advances in computer technology
- Work under pressure
- Thorough and precise in their work
- Knowledge of international web standards and protocols
- Execution and implementation of visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Creating original, simple, user-friendly but sophisticated website design ideas
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Professional work experience as a Web Designer
- Workable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Standard experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows
- Creativity in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Problem-solving ability
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Starting salaries – £18,000 a year.
- With experience – £30,000.
- Professional designers/developers – £40,000.
- COMPUTER PROGRAMMER:
- End user-oriented.
- Professional IT skills.
- Statistics and mathematics oriented
- Great knowledge of operating systems.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Java, C++, SQL, C#, and HTML experience.
- Aptitude for learning new technology.
- Deadline driven.
- Superior communication skills.
- Task management.
- Coding and debugging.
- Designing and testing computer structures.
- Troubleshooting system errors.
- Writing computer instructions.
- Managing database systems.
- Maintaining operating systems.
- Editing source-code.
- Profiling and analyzing algorithms.
- Implementing build systems.
- Providing tech support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Rigorous internship to build their skills
- Course Certifications
SALARY: $58,343 per annum
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – Database administrators are individuals who employ specialized software to organize and keep track of data. The software can be related to software configuration, security, and performance when the need arises. information technology career path This expertise is in constant check, diagnosing, and solving complex IT issues related to the data infrastructure so as to ensure an organization’s data is safe, accessible, and easy to navigate. information technology career path in the future
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Logical and analytical approach to work.
- Tasks priority and focus
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- working with database software to find ways to store, organize and manage data
- Up to date databases
- Design and development of database
- managing access to the database
- Maintenance and operation of design procedures
- Ensuring that databases meet user requirements
- liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers, and technical staff
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Implementing security measures
- Defining objectives through a consultation with staff at all levels
- Writing reports, documentation, and operating manuals
- Testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably
- Provide user training, support, and feedback
- Writing disaster recovery plans
- Archiving data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, software engineering, electronic engineering, mathematics or software engineering
- Experience in data collection and working within a network’s databases.
SALARY: $100,945 per annum
OTHER ICT CAREER JOBS
Management information systems director: A management information systems director oversees the execution, implementation, and actualization of software, equipment installation, and other projects to improve the quality of a company’s information systems.
Web administrator: A web administrator carries out the hosting of web pages, grants access to specific users, creates mail servers, and helps users understand the basic functions of the system they’re using. Generally, they give an orientation on the usage of web pages.
Applications engineer: An application engineer serves as an intermediate between engineers and customers. They review customer sales data and assist in manufacturing and testing complex software programs. They go a long way in representing engineers’ findings to the public to render feedback on changes that need to be implemented. we are talking about information technology career path
Data quality manager: A data quality manager brings to realization the data practices for an organization. For instance, they can establish processes with a customer relationship management (CRM) system to keep the operational quality high for its users. which is the reason we focus on this topic: information technology career path
Help desk technician: A help desk technician renders the services of technical support to address problems associated with a company’s hardware or software equipment. They can serve as both in-house or freelance workers whose responsibility is to convey issues to employees in a clear, understandable, and applicable way.
IT coordinator: An IT coordinator brings to completion the administrative tasks of a company so as to help maintain their computer networks. Some tasks include giving IT advice to users, providing training to new employees, and applying new IT practices to computer hardware or software.
Cloud system engineer: A cloud system engineer is responsible for evaluating and estimating the amount of database storage a company has and measures the availability of programs for the user. They also evaluate if data is being processed correctly within an organization’s cloud infrastructure.
It is very possible to have authority in the ICT field. All that’s necessary is taking responsibility, and willing to work with the requirements being made available in the provided career jobs. I wish you the very best in your chosen career.
for more, you click and download our E-book